New Zealand could tour Pakistan next year

WELLINGTON (Reuters)
New Zealand will seek to tour Pakistan next year after calling off a planned three-Test series earlier this month because of security concerns.

Additional warm-up matches in Australia have been organised to help replace the Pakistan games in the lead-up to a three-Test series against Australia in November and December.

The cancelled Pakistan tour might now take place next year prior to the ICC Knockout tournament in September, NZ Cricket chief executive Martin Sneddon said in a statement on Friday.

“We have acknowledged that under the International Cricket Council future tours programme we are obliged to reschedule the Pakistan tour as soon as it is reasonably possible,” he said.

After the Australian Tests, New Zealand host Bangladesh for a two-Test series, followed by a one-day international tri-series with Australia and South Africa in Australia and a three-Test home series against England.

NZ Cricket released a revised itinerary for the Test tour of Australia:

October

16-19 v Queensland Second XI, Brisbane

21-23 v ACT Invitation XI, Canberra

26-28 v Queensland President’s XI, Brisbane

31- Nov 3 v Queensland, Brisbane

November

8-12 v Australia (1st Test), Brisbane

16-19 v South Australia, Adelaide

22-26 v Australia (2nd Test), Hobart

30- Dec 4 v Australia (3rd Test), Perth

December

6 v Prime Minister’s XI, Canberra

#Zealand #tour #Pakistan #year

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Language ยป