Lionel Messi is currently holidaying in his homeland after Argentina’s World Cup victory.
But the seven-time Ballon d’Or winner’s club future is a hot topic, having put off any contract talks until after the event.
Messi is out of contract at Paris Saint-Germain at the end of this season, with former club Barcelona consistently linked.
TOP STORY – MESSI AGREES TO STAY WITH PSG
Lionel Messi has agreed to a one-year contract extension with PSG, according to Le Parisien.
The 35-year-old had put off contract talks until after the World Cup, which concluded on Sunday with Messi lifting the title with Argentina.
The report claims Messi and PSG have reached an agreement in principle, with the deal to be sealed once the Argentine returns to France.
Chelsea are now closing in on Andrey Santos deal. Brazilian midfielder born in 2004 is expected to join the club from Vasco da Gama — here we go soon! #CFC
Personal terms are almost agreed, deal at final stages.
Vasco will receive 70% of the fee, as called by @pedrosa. pic.twitter.com/bdqfxAQ0hf
— Fabrizio Romano (@FabrizioRomano) December 21, 2022
– CBS’s Ben Jacobs claims PSG will not let Kylian Mbappe exit the club in January and any off-season move will only be permitted at the right price. Mbappe was heavily linked with Real Madrid previously, but the move did not materialise, as he ultimately re-signed in May with the Parisians until 2025.
– Barcelona have lost interest in Manchester City midfielder Ilkay Gundogan, moving on from the idea of attempting to sign the 32-year-old on a free transfer in the off-season due to his age, claims SPORT.
– Manchester United are interested in Aston Villa’s Argentina World Cup-winning goalkeeper Emiliano Martinez, claims Football Insider. That comes with David de Gea‘s future at Old Trafford unclear.
– Fabrizio Romano reports that Chelsea are on the verge of reaching agreement on a deal for Vasco da Gama’s 18-year-old Andrey Santos. The Daily Mail claims the deal is worth £18m.
– Tottenham will rival Bayern Munich in pursuit of Borussia Monchengladbach goalkeeper Yann Sommer, according to GiveMeSport. Spurs are looking for a successor to veteran Hugo Lloris, while Bayern have lost Manuel Neuer to injury.
#Rumour #Messi #agrees #oneyear #extension #Paris #SaintGermain